Monday, August 20, 2007

Violated

Some idiots broke into my truck and stole almost everything out of my purse. I am so pissed. It is partially my fault for leaving my purse in the truck. But the truck is usually parked in our garage. Right now I can't park it there because we have one of those travel storage things on top. So it sat in our driveway and we got robbed.

So today I spent over four hours in two trips to the DMV to get a new license. I have spent several hours on the phone with all sorts of business' trying to cancel this, re-order that, etc. I need to tackle the Social Security office soon.

The idiots even used my card three times. But it looks like two if not all of the charges were caught by the bank. Oh, can I just say a HUGE kuddos to BofA. They flagged my account the first time my card was used by them. The second time they immediately locked it and e-mailed AND called me to check on it. How cool is that? Way to go Bank of America.

We filed a police report and found out they broke into 5 other vehicles on our street that night. So hopefully they will catch them by looking at the video tapes at the gas stations they used my card at. We'll see.

It just pisses me off that I was the one to be victimized, and yet I am the one doing the "time". The one having to pay for all the replacements. What a pain in my arse.

Words of advice...
1) Never leave your purse in the car. Never leave anything of importance in your car.
2) Try to park your vehicle in a garage if you can. (Clean out your garage if you must.
3) Definitely do not leave your garage door opener in your car if you park outside your garage.
4) Even if the crime seems small and you don't want to "bother" the police. Do it. You never know what might happen. You may not be the only one who got victimized.
5) Do not carry your SS card in your wallet or purse. And always keep a certified copy of your birth certificate in your home.

It's been a long and tiring day/weekend. I am off to bed to rest up for a new day. Night.

3 comments:

Allison xoxo said...

that sucks jamie!!!! I am sorry you had to deal with that. ugh. I know exactly how you feel... I still have serious feelings of rage when I think about the times our cars were stolen and/or broken into. Hope everything is able to be replaced easily.

Beth said...

This same thing happened to me in June..the jerks even took my entire ashtray full of change! I feel for ya!

S said...

I lost my wallet once and managed to replace everything. The one card I didn't remember to report: my library card! The buggers took out 20 books in my name and never returned them!!! now I keep a photocopy of everything in my wallet in my locked desk drawer at home! (don't forget to report your video card if you have one!)