Friday, August 3, 2007

Angels In Unusual Places

I have yet to write about Hannah. Words have never been my strong point. So I can't even begin to explain how I feel. It would sound so dumb. Especially compared to some of my friends who are very eloquent with their words. They pretty much have all said what I am feeling. But some day, soon I hope. I will put something to "pen".

For those of you who do not know (how could you NOT know if you know me?). Hannah was a 5 year old little girl who lost her precious life two weeks ago. She drowned. ....See, I keep looking for words to type to explain such a horrific event, and I just can't. My eyes well up and my brain shuts down.

Anyway, this week my family and I went to San Antonio. We took my Nephew from California with us. He is 13. When our nieces and nephews turn 13, we give them a trip to Texas for their Birthday. So as any 13 year old Boy would want, we took him to Hooters for lunch on the River Walk. While we were there, my 4 year old has to go potty. So we head to the restroom. Now this is a place for men usually. So it was very apparent where the Men's bathroom was. Plenty of signs and pictures and such. The women's restroom was back in a corner barley noticeable. One small sign on the door. The inside was very plain. Nothing special by any means, which I would expect at Hooters.

But over on the counter in the corner was the most beautiful Yellow Lilies in a vase. Fresh cute Lilies. I just stood there and stared at them. They were so out of place in there, and yet so beautiful. One even opened up while I was staring at it. It made me immediately think of Hannah. She would have thought those flowers were beautiful and giggled at what an odd site to see in the ladies bathroom at Hooters.

Hannah, you are still making me smile.

2 comments:

S said...

((smile)) Hannah is everywhere!

Rach said...

Jamie,

You are so sweet to post this. Yes, Hannah would have laughed her head off at the lilies in Hooters! :o) Thank you for sharing your Fancy Hannah story! :o)