Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Bye Bye Jacob




My 13 year old nephew has been here with us for the past week. It is a deal we have with my sister. When her kids turn 13, their Birthday present from us is a trip to TX (they live in CA).

I feel kind of bad. When our first nephew came out, we only had one daughter and she was around a year old. I was ok with leaving her with my In-laws while I spoiled my nephew with trips to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor, etc.

Now we have three daughters and one who is only 2 months old. We did go to San Antonio, the Alamo, Sea World, River Walk, and Market Center. But I still feel bad. He has "had" to help with the girls instead of having a fun vacation. I admit, it has been a great help having him here. I just wish we could have spoiled him a bit more.

I am going to miss him. I miss all of my family back home. I always get sad when it comes time to say good bye. It is so hard to only see them a couple of times a year. They change so much. And in times like now (Baby Jamison) I feel so helpless. I have missed funerals and births. Many many birthdays. I treasure these moments I do get with my family. I have really enjoyed getting to know my Nephew one on one. My sister makes some good kids.

1 comment:

Joani said...

I am sure he had a great time, and what a sweet Auntie you are bringing him to TX to hang out :)