Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Boot

I went to the Orthopedist today. I have been having a pain in my foot for 2 months now. But with Keira going into the hospital and other life events happening, I kept putting it off. Well a couple of weeks ago I tweaked my ankle because I am babying my foot so much. It only got worse, so I finally went in to see the doc.

I went in wearing my comfy blue crocs Steve got me and came out with this...





I have fractured my foot. Do you have any idea what it is like to be wearing this huge bulky HOT boot in the heat of a Texas summer? Or worse, to be wearing this thing while trying to take care of three little girls? Steve is out of town and I am all alone. I am suppose to stay off my feet. HA! I have to wear this thing for a month to see if it helps or not. If not, I need to have a bone scan done. They wanted to do one now, but I am nursing and to do a bone scan they have to inject stuff into my system. Not cool when breastfeeding a newborn. So it is the boot for now.

I am not in a good mood about this. I can't drive because it is on my right foot. Um, yeah right. I have a 3 month old to carry, feed, change, bathe, etc. A two year old who is potty training right now and doing so well. But is a little obsessed with the toilet paper. And a four year old who needs attention because Daddy is out of town and she is upset. Plus the two older ones both start school in a couple of weeks. I have to drive them there. This is just not cool. Not cool at all.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Oh Great!!! That just sucks!

Melissa said...

YIKES! Jamie....you need to start taking care of you as well! I hope you feel better soon, and just rest as much as possible. Feel better mama! =)

Rach said...

Oh, man, jamie. That *really* sucks!! Feel better soon!! :o)

Joani said...

Hope you can get some rest and feel better.

S said...

that bites huge!