Saturday, September 1, 2007

Dads and Daughters

You know that saying..."She has you wrapped around her finger."? That saying has never been more true then for my husband and our 4 year old daughter.

She has been potty trained for over 2 years now. When Steve is not home, she goes to the bathroom just fine. Doesn't need me for anything. However, when Steve is home, this is the conversation heard on a regular basis...

Julia is sitting on the potty
"Daaaddddyyyyy"
"What Julia?"
"I went poopoo Daddy."
"That's great Julia."
"I need your help Daddy."
"What do you need my help with Julia?"
"I need you to wipe my butt."
"Julia, you can wipe your own bottom."
"No Daddy, I need your help."

So what does my big burly husband do...he gets up and goes and wipes her butt. The very bottom that she wipes EVERY time when he is not home. She has him wrapped around her finger. He is in so much trouble with 3 daughters. Just imagine, if they can get him to wipe their bottoms at 4, what will they get him to do as teenagers?

2 comments:

Joani said...

That is funny! Reminds me of someone I know :)

Krysta said...

So cute!
This is the main reason Cotton wants another boy- he doesn't want his *princess* to feel she has to compete for his attention. :-P