Monday, September 3, 2007

Bentos and Teachers

We met the teachers tonight. Julia's teacher seems cool. I am a little worried about Sevina's teacher. We'll see. Sevi is a very good judge of character. Uncanily so. So when I asked her to take a photo with Miss Julie and she didn't want to, I was concerned. Sevi will jump into almost anyone's arms. If she doesnt, I know something is not right. But who knows. Tomorrow will tell.



I only got to spend a little time with Julia's teacher. I had to leave Juls and Steve there to take Sevi to her room. I loved the way her room was decorated though. And she seemed to have it all together and organized. I was very impressed by her.



I can't wait to see how their first day goes tomorrow.

And to get to the Bentos. I have been sucked in to this new craze in an effort to get Julia to eat more/better. And of course, if I do Julia's, I have to do Sevi's as well. So here is their Bentos. This was my first attempt at it.

Here is Sevi's for tomorrow.
Ham and cheese sandwich in the shape of Bears (her fav animal right now).
Cantaloupe in the shape of Tulips
Grapes
Goldfish
Cookies (100 calorie pack)


And Julia's
Ham and Cheese Sandwich in the shape of Giraffes (her fav animal)
Cantaloupe in the shape of Tulips
Goldfish
Grapes
A strawberry because she loves them (and Sevi does not)
Cookies (100 calorie pack)


Now I really must go to bed. I have a long day tomorrow. Did I mention our fridge went out and we just went to the store yesterday and bought over $250 worth of groceries and DH is going out of town. So I have to figure it out. Yeah, I need to go to bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your bento lunches!!! What a cool idea.

Kristi said...

Those are very cool lunches. I have been forcing healthier foods on my boys as well. Isn't preschool so much fun??? My boys started today, too. I hope that Sevi ended up liking her teacher and that the teacher fared well with such a free-spirit.

tiburon said...

Looks like great lunches! I hope you get your fridge resolved.

Aimee said...

How the heck do you get bear sandwiches? I need that!

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Hey! I know you don't know me and I have no idea how I found your blog, but I love those little sandwich dividers for your kiddos. Did you buy those somewhere with the dividers? Fabulous!

Jamie said...

Hi Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah...

You should check out my cooking blog www.CookingforSlackers.com for more bentos and a link to my GF who is the Queen of Bento. Also, this blog has moved, www.PinkDramaMama.com No clue how you found this old one. LOL

If you are talking about the cups holding the food, those are silcone muffin/cupcake cups. I got them at Michael's and WalMart.